Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Revlon 2012 Photoready Cream Blushes


Do you have any trigger words that whenever you hear them, you just want to buy it? I have a few and "cream blush" is one of them. I just love how most of them glide onto your cheeks without drying and give a beautiful glow.

So of course I picked up the Revlon 2012 Photoready Cream Blushes in all three colors, Pinched, Flushed, and Coral.


These retail for $12.99 which is high for a drugstore product but they have a pretty good discount right now at CVS. Spend $10 on any Revlon cosmetic and get $4 back and you can combine any coupons that come in the newspapers.



Lets first talk about packaging. They come in simple plastic containers that fit on the palm of your hand. Super easy to store and to travel with which is a huge plus for me.


100 Pinched


200 Flushed


300 Coral

I thought that these blushes would be really pigmented but they turned out to be very sheer. I swatched at least three times for some color to show up on my arm.

I thought at least Flushed and Coral would be really bright on the face but again they seemed to have a barely there look. I think it's perfect for people who want a very natural blush (especially using Pinched) and at the same time wanting to experiment with different colors and still not go over the top.

Personally I would like to have more pigmentation. 

These did last for about 6 hours for me before I had to retouch. Note that most cream blushes won't stick to your cheeks as long as powder blushes because the skin absorbs creams faster. 



Overall I like the Revlon Photoready Cream Blushes but I wouldn't say they are a must have on my list.

Have you tried any of them? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried cream blush. I like sheer blush, unlike others, so I might give these a try. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wouldn't even use a brush with these. I would say use your fingers.

      Delete
  2. Great review!

    I’ve nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Check it out on my blog :)
    http://inherdaydream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete