Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Haul

Heads up, there are loads of pictures in this post. I stopped by Rite Aid today and was floored by all the 75% off signs. I'll post a list of all the sale items in case your Rite Aid hasn't put up all the signs yet.

I'm a horrible brow person. As in I never fill in my sparse eyebrows because I'm afraid of looking fake and bushy. But I need to change that some day so I picked this Ardell Brow Defining Kit. It comes with a brow defining palette, wax grooming pencil, and duo brow brush. Basically everything you need for $7. Well lucky me it's 75% off, making the final price $1.74.


I didn't have huge expectations but upon opening it up, I'm impressed. I love the sleek and simple packaging. It's not bulky making it travel friendly.



You can choose the color for your brows. I find the dark brown perfect for me but you can also blend two colors together to make it more natural for yourself. As for pigmentation, these come off very light and sheer but build able.


My favorite part about this kit is actually the wax pencil. It's small but effective and doesn't leave weird residue on the brows.


The cap has this awesome sharpener which I obviously haven't used yet. It's pretty cool that they included this. 


I'm not sure if my duo brow brushes were meant to be separate but it's okay. I can live with that.


Prestige Lash Matrix mascara is also 75% off and I couldn't decide between the brown or the black so I got both. They are both waterproof and says it has a different spiral that's supposed to lift, lengthen, and add volume to your lashes. Each set comes with two mascaras. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to layer them or use them separately. We'll see I guess.



I couldn't help but add this in here. I got this as part of my samples and it's a full sized dual lip and cheek cream from Stilla. It's so small and cute and I just love using this on the go. Don't tell me you never put on make up in the car before.




The color is Peony (come on, even the name is pretty!) and in the compact it seems a little dark. When you put it on your cheeks it's just stunning. On the left I simply swiped it and on the right I blended it in. Just remember to use a light hand with this one. Now I've tried this on the lips and it didn't do much for me. It dried out my lips so I prefer to use it as a cream blush.




Of course I had to get some L'Oreal Colour Riche balms. I'm sure you all heard of these. I adore them! They are moisturizing, not sticky at all, and make my lips look like me but better. I have every shade but I needed more since my mom swiped them from me.




Whew! That was a long post but I have more coming up. I'm breaking it into parts.

Final Verdict:

Ardell Brow Defining Kit- It's a must have and I'm about to stock up. It's 2 bucks people.
Prestige Lash Matrix Mascara- I'm a little iffy with this. I'm going to have to test it out.
Stilla dual lip and cheek cream- I'm adding this to my holy grail collection. This is the sh**!
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balms- Sheer but perfect for me.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a really cool kit. I've been looking for a brow kit that allows me to keep my natural look, but define it.

    Found you through blog hop! ;)

    ReplyDelete